Thursday, June 04, 2009

Five days...

...and I'm leaving on a jet plane to Guatemala! Still working on getting things together. A friend bought some markers and pencils for me to take down for the kids. Pretty cool! Got registered with the embassy and am finishing up sending support letters. Plan to do the laundry and pack the bags tomorrow and Saturday so I can enjoy a little bit of time with friends before heading down.

Did you know? Guatemala is hosting the World Convention of Mayan Archeology later this month--June 19-21--in Antigua, a city close to where I will be. Get a run down at http://guatemala-times.com/culture.html.

2 comments:

Mama said...

Ok. So I learned more from this blog than I have from our past 5 conversations! Science and math, huh? I am excited that you are excited. This will be the trip of a life time. It's nice to be living your dream! Love you and I'll see you Monday.
Mama

15 Minuets said...

So I forgot a few things...sorry! See you soon. :-)