Sunday, May 31, 2009

Science Books & Mad Libs

I ran around yesterday trying to get everything purchased that I think I'll need in Guatemala. I've got the bug spray, the sunscreen, the aloe, the toiletries--hopefully I'll be set for two months. I even took an hour or so and stitched up my suitcases. New seams won't make them thug proof, but hopefully it will prevent any item falling out unnecessarily.

Realizing I had a Barnes and Noble gift card, I ventured out to the store to see how much was left. Though I only had about $3, I ended up with, I don't know, $30 worth of stuff? However, the exciting news is that I bought my first materials for the science class: Let's-Read-And-Find-Out Science books on volcanoes, rocks, and rain. For the first time in a long time I'm excited about science. The volcano book is my favorite--it has awesome illustrations and directions for building your own baking soda explosion.

My favorite Englishy purchase is a book of Mad Libs. Great way to teach part of speech, I think. _______________ (name of person) will have a ________________ (adjective) time in ____________________ (place) this _______________ (noun)!

1 comment:

Messages from Guatemala said...

Mad Libs are a brilliant idea! See, this is why Dave and I have so much confidence in you!