Saturday, June 06, 2009

Sailing the Seven Seas

The wind report is in, and it feels like a southerly wind is blowing in a time of change for my family. Considering my talk with Christina tonight, knowing Eric & Sarah are trying to discern where to go next, looking forward to Sarah and Justin's wedding in the fall, watching to see what David will decide to do for his career, wondering what my new life goals will be after this summer, I find it interesting timing that all of us Davis kids are about to embark on a new, unknown ocean in our lives. Maybe it'll be a brand new sea. Maybe it'll just be deeper waters, a little farther from the shore. Regardless, the times are bittersweet, and ironically, I think most of us are in that place where we can't see beyond the foggy veil covering our future--for some, the veil has fallen one month out, some three, some of us an unknown quantity of time away. I wonder where God is pushing us as we navigate through the third decade of our lives. At least southerly wind is warm.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And the anchor holds.