Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Pajama Party and Futbol Americano

No school today in Guatemala--last day of the month. Of course, then, we had a pajama party last night in the big room downstairs. The big kids went to a youth group sleepover, so the littluns carried over their bedding and settled in for the night. I settled between Mimi and Yeny, two of my third grade chicas, on the hard floor. Not much sleep was had. Our movie viewing list for the night included Space Buddies, Facing the Giants (after which the boys wanted to play futbol americano as they jumped around on the bedding), Kung Fu Panda, Prince Caspian, and this morning, Jump In. I think it was around 4 in the morning when they decided they should turn the TV off since it was supposed to be turned off at 2.

Needing some exercise, I decided to run around with the boys this morning. They wanted to play futbol americano still, and guess who got to teach them? You guessed it--moi. They were subject to my limited knowledge of the sport, but I think all of Eric's lessons over the years payed off. Of course we played two-hand touch rather than tackle.

When we switched to baseball, however, I was quickly excommunicated from the field. I'm not sure what my sin was, other than that I tried to get the two most athletic boys to be the team captains to prevent a landslide victory for the dynamic duo. Evidently eight and nine-year olds are more into winning then playing fair. That's okay. No hard feelings.

No comments: