Thursday, June 03, 2010

Transition Time

The blessing of having a zillion papers to finish grading, a room to clean up, and last-minute details to plan is that it leaves little time to think about leaving and all that nostalgia.  However, when I see something I would normally save for use next year or think about taking the MISS DAVIS letters off my classroom door, I can't help but grow a little teary-eyed.

At the same time, I've enjoyed touching base with Pam in Guatemala.  It looks like I have four living options right now that I can check out upon my arrival.  I also look forward to baby-sitting the English kids so Pam and Steve can take the home children on little trips to the country.

My friends and family continue to be generous in their support.  Thanks, guys!  Your prayers, words of encouragement, notes, and monetary support are much appreciated!  I hope to send a formal update to everyone soon.

No comments: