Thursday, January 13, 2011

On the First Day of School...

The 2011 school year officially began yesterday.  With half days every day this week, we are easing into the school year. 

Almendra's spontaneous hug with an "I love you, teacher" was certainly the highlight of day one. This, in the middle of a name game where we stood in a circle and tossed a ball around to remember each other's names. 

Today's highlight?  A little preschooler eagerly waving to me.  My only involvement in her life up to this point?  I opened up her drink and yogurt cup during snack time for her. 

I am thankful to be teaching the older students.  It is nice to already know the majority of them. We have a few new students, who have much catching up to do with their English, but who seem good natured.

Thanks for your continued prayers and support!  Colegio La Senda 2011 is under way, and with an all-time high enrollment of 140 from preschool through junior high. 

No comments: