Thursday, September 16, 2010

Doctor's Visit

First time to the doctor on Monday.  Got to take Brenda with me.  We sat in the waiting room for three hours, and then had time to drive in circles around Chimaltenango looking for the lab.  Fascinating to watch the myriad of people pass by the narrow wood door.  Located on the main street of the city, the doctor's office spies the lives of many--ice cream men; innumerable cars, tuk tuks, and buses; women hurrying buy on foot, baskets on their heads; business men and women strutting by in their suits; children tagging along with their mothers.

Brenda is still waiting word on her knee.  Fortunately, I'm fine.  Just need to avoid acidic food for a while.  Goodbye, coffee!  It's been fun.  And my back?  Praise the Lord, it's better.  I no longer want to cry when I get out of bed in the morning. 

No comments: