Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Thirty Years

I realized recently that I have spent nearly the whole of last year saying I was almost thirty.  (What happened to twenty-nine?  Crazy, crazy.)  While it sounds fun to make my goal to be thirty and flirty, I would like to focus on being aware of who God is and who I am and seeing how this perspective impacts life.

I've decided I want to remember my family today.  After all, they have put up with me these thirty years and helped shape me.  I have been struck again with the blessing I have of being supported by them, something I've come to understand at a new level these past few months.  So, mi familia, whether you remember me as the alter-ego, double-ponytail, ornery Elizabeth, the specimen to be studied at the dinner table, the over-achieving student, the kabosher on racial and immigration jokes, the indecisive daughter, the tough cookie, the crazy food eater, the baker, or whomever, I love you, guys! :)


Easter time...only missing the Hammbone




 
Me and the 'rents

Mama Mia and Me

 
  New nephew and my big sis 'Tina

 With Ricky Doodle in Charleston

 'Ra and me at Pizza Hut

Davey boy and me in Triangle Park

No comments: