Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Guatemala Bound

Currently sitting in the Houston airport, waiting an extra hour for my flight.  I should be in Guatemala by 3:20 Central time today. :)

It has been such a blessing for me to be home.  I was surrounded by people I love and who love me, and my soul feels refreshed.  I feel whole.  I am happy in Guatemala and thankful for the new friends I've made there, but I didn't realize how much I had missed those who know me well until I got back home.

Now, though.  Now I look forward to continuing relationships with those I already know.  I look forward to another school year.  I look forward to feeling like a real teacher since I'll be at La Senda from the beginning of the school year instead of diving in half way through.  I even look forward to faster internet at home (no hard feelings, Dad :)).

Thanks again for joining me on the journey. 

I had a friend--ahem, Mr. Salyer--talk about living a life that shows God's faithfulness.  This sounds like a pretty cool life, the kind I hope to have, one that I see he lives out with his family.  So, I am hopeful.  Our God is faithful.  And I am excited to see God's continuing faithfulness to me and to we who believe play out this next year.

No comments: