Friday, November 05, 2010

Spanish Misspeaks

Well, they keep piling up.  They seem a little more embarrassing in retrospect--in the moment they just provide a good laugh.

-Evidently today I said, "Don't lick me" instead of "Don't call me."  Of course, in this case saying the negative instead of the affirmative is preferable, but it gave my teacher a good laugh nevertheless.
-I told a guy once that he was hot when I was asking about the weather.  To avoid this problem, don't use the adejective "caliente" with the verb "estar."  Instead, use "calor."
-I told my friend Johana that I had dreamed of a man.  What I really meant was that I sounded like a man--my voice was a little hoarse.  Silly tilde and stem-changing verbs (sonar and son[n with a ~]ar).

Live and learn, live and learn.

No comments: