Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Celebrating Don Cristobal

Had a fun little neighborhood get together at my house last Friday night.  We were celebrating the completion of our neighborhood--the last house is finished--and the neighborhood construction manager, Don Cristobal.  He's also the go-to guy for any problem.  Your sink is linking?  Call Don Cristobal.  Your window broke?  Call Don Cristobal.  Your pila's backed up?  Call Don Cristobal.  There was a break in?  Call Don Cristobal.  He'll fix it.  He's earned the trust and respect of the neighbors, and he has been a good friend to me as well as I've transitioned to living down here.

Thus, Johana and I sent out the invitations and several of the neighbors were able to come.  They brought dobladas and taquitos and tostadas with all of the toppings (beans, salsa, meat, vegetables, cheese), Johana brought the Christmas punch, and I brought the Texas sheet cake.  The neighbors spoke words of appreciation to Don Cristobal, led by the neighborhood president, and Don Victor said the grace and blessing.  I am thankful for my neighbors.

 About 1/4 of my neighbors--but the ones I know the best.  In my garage.

 Don Cristobal and Me

Me and Johana

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures. I am so glad you have good neighbors and am thankful that Don Cristobal has been such a great help.
Mama