Monday, August 30, 2010

I Baptize You...

Today was a special day.  I know this because

-I have been excited all weekend for this morning.
-I woke up early and wanted God time, feeling no need to wash clothes in the pila (remember, I'm a tasky sort)
-I dressed up for the first time since I've been in Guate.  Makeup, even.
-The Great Room at La Senda was decorated with flowers.
-The La Senda kids practiced yesterday for this morning's service.  They do all but the sermon.

There were nearly 50 people in attendance at service this morning.  Lissette, a woman who has become a friend of La Senda; Geovany, one of the teenagers who has lived at La Senda for eleven years; and Daniel, a student of La Senda, all decided they wanted to be baptized this morning.  It was a fantastic celebration!



All parts of the service revolved around the theme of baptism.  The choruses, the verses (from new and old testament), Yaqueline's children's sermon, Phillip's testimony, Samy and Co.'s drama, Steve's sermon. And of course the baptisms themselves.

Lissette's fiance also bought pizza for everyone post service.  What a beautiful time of worship, celebration of faith, and fellowship!

Daniel

Geovany
Ms. Lissette

No comments: