Friday, August 20, 2010

Bible Day and more

Today was Bible Day at La Senda.  Every hour we got to share with the students something from the Bible.  So, with my 3/4th English class, we talked about the New Testament books in English and then did Sword drills.  We looked up the Romans Road passages (Romans 3:23, 6:23, 5:8, 10:9-10; Acts 16:31), and so I had the opportunity to both share the Gospel and show them how to share the Gospel with others.  During Math class, we read from 1 Samuel 17--David and Goliath.  This afternoon, a guest speaker came to share with the students (felt board style), and some of the kids bought a special lunch (fried chicken--Kentucky Fried Chicken, one of my 6th graders suggested to me--potatoes, salad, and juice). 

Tonight I look forward to meeting with my neighbor and friend Johana.  We plan to make dinner together and spend some time in prayer.  We hope to start inviting other neighborhood women to come eventually.

Tomorrow, I look forward to going with my teacher friend Mayra.  She and her husband spend their Saturdays traveling to outlying cities to meet with the people there.  I'm looking forward to seeing her ministry.

On Sunday, I look forward to attending La Senda services.  The kids each take a part of the Sunday service; this Sunday we're having a guest preacher.  I also look forward to sharing during the testimony part of service--I'd appreciate prayers for the words and stories to share from my life.  It's only about 5 minutes long, I think.  I hope to have a chance to invite Cristobal, the builder who works in my neighborhood, to come. 

No comments: