Friday, July 11, 2008

Long Time

I was hangin' with my granny the other day when my cousin called; in the midst of the conversation, Grandma handed over the phone, saying Jessie wanted to talk to me. Wouldn't you know? She sat and read all my blog posts, even though they're all two years old. Since I no longer have the excuse of grad school or grading (at the moment), maybe I'll revive the ol' blog--thanks for the inspiration, Jessie.

The latest breaking event is that Mom and I are planning a last-minute trip to the Big Apple tomorrow night. Current plans include hopping on a charter bus that primarily caters to the Chinese/Chinese American contingency (it looks like they'll let us on), drive through the night, get out in Chinatown, find and settle in at the hostel, go see Phantom of the Opera on Broadway, visit Mom's former student in Brooklyn (after walking across the Brooklyn bridge, of course), and swinging by the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island.

Now, if we'll just get the hostel booked, I think this could be loads of fun!

No comments: