Thursday, February 02, 2012

Meal #2: Breakfast is Served

Menu: Wholegrain Pancakes (p. 240), coffee, grapefruit


I had a hankering for potato pancakes on a Saturday.  Leftover brown rice encouraged me to use this recipe from Clean Food that would incorporate the brown rice with sweet potato as its base.  The pancake mix ends up being pretty chunky with the rice grains and shredded potato.  I liked that you bake them instead of putting them on a griddle--the only trick for me was keeping the pancakes together when I flipped them and scooped them off.  While putting maple syrup on them seemed a little unexpected--the food seems saltier than sweet--I preferred that to an applesauce topping.  Mom and I gave it the thumbs up, and the leftovers became a tasty, quick breakfast for a couple of days.

No comments: