Friday, August 05, 2011

Comfort in Friends and Family

I've been so thankful for this time that Mom has been with me!  We have kept busy, and she has been a huge help with the English department at La Senda as we wrap up 3rd quarter.  We definitely missed Katie the first three days of the week since both Mom and I had to substitute in the preschool and kindergarten classes.  Small ones learning English is really not the best fit for me...the 5th graders felt like a refuge!  The tykes are cute and fun to play with and help, but a much different challenge when they need to be taught.  Little Mynor, all of 4, looked at me yesterday and, with pity in his voice, said, "No habla mucho espanol, verdad?"  (You don't speak much Spanish, do you?).  I think the little ones feel like we are at a great disadvantage for not speaking their language.  Little do they know this is many times how I feel when I try to teach them!

Thankfully, Jo arrived yesterday from Ohio to teach the little guys during fourth quarter.  She jumped right in today.  We are so excited she is here!  She is an elementary teacher and has taught at various schools all around the world.

On Saturday, I take Mom to the airport and pick up my very good friends Matt and Carly Braun.  Can't wait for these new visitors!  I'm ready to show them Guatemala linda and share with them the ministry I've been seeing firsthand here.

No comments: