Friday, April 30, 2010

Semi-Sweet Week

Love chocolate.  Dark chocolate has grown on me of late; milk chocolate is a classic favorite; semi-sweet chips, good for baking.  Also good for describing this week.

For the first time in four years, banquet was exactly as a I dreamed it to be.  Students and parents actually came, for one, and they seemed excited to be there.  It was a sweet time of recognition of students, group hugs, and memories.  A perfect way to end my four years of sponsorship.

Today was the bittersweet portion.  I turned in my resignation.  You would have thought the world was coming to an end.  But no, I just had to type three simple paragraphs and walk it to the office.  Never thought it would be so hard.  It's been awhile since I've felt that alone.  Slowly, slowly, I'm snipping the tethered lines of my life here, readying myself to float away to the next stage.  Sometimes, though, the lines seem to be alive, tendrils of me that bleed when cut.

One thing I'm hanging on to--for one more month, anyway--is dance.  Love to dance.  Rumba, salsa, and waltz are my favorites.  Those are pretty sweet, too. 

Still, I will praise God in semi-sweet weeks.

No comments: