Friday, December 02, 2005

Howdy, Y'all

It's official: I can speak like Kentucky folk, or so one of my students informs me.

We are having a grand discussion about the religion of the World State in Brave New World, and as I finish reading a passage, one of my students cries out, "Miss Davis, you sounded like a Kentucky person when you read that sentence!" She proceeded to reread the specific line where my intonation had reflected the Bluegrass dialect.

Not quite as proud of my achievement as she was, I replied, "Oh, I'm so glad that after all this time I finally fit in." Chuckle, chortle, guffaw, snigger.

Let's hope it doesn't happen again. ;-)

2 comments:

Recovering Alumni said...

"like a Kentucky person"

Nice.

Just don't get a still in your backyard...er, porch.

:)

Anonymous said...

GLAD YOUALL IS DOIND GOOD DOWN THERE

UNCLE BUDDY