Sunday, April 17, 2011

Sunglasses and Dirty Socks

Even though I am teased about wearing my white sunglasses with the fake diamonds in the sides and having dirty socks, I am grateful to spend time with Veronica and her family.  They love to joke around, enjoy being in each other's company, and love the Lord.  And they have extended their love to me, letting me feel right at home with them.

Together, we ate tons of yummy food.  We talked much, played games, and took walks.  Unfortunately, Veronica lost her cell phone along the way, quite possibly after she played Ding Dong Ditch and we had to run away fast from that house.  It was quite unfortunate.  We also attended church this morning and made cookies this afternoon.

Tomorrow I am going with the La Senda home kids to the beach for three days.  It's Holy Week, and here everyone has vacations.

Sadly, this week is not without its sadness.  I hear more people have accidents this week than almost any other.  Already tonight I arrived home to my mourning neighborhood.  One of the women was hit by a car as she was walking home along the highway.  We knew the news couldn't be good when we drove past the police and ambulance and saw a sheet-covered body lying along the side of the road.  Please pray for comfort and peace for her family during this week.  And pray for protection as we and many others travel.

No comments: