Sunday, March 21, 2010

Scattergories

The Clue: Street Names

The Letter: B


Bourbon Street, Broadway, Butler Ave., Bob-O-Link. Seems pretty straightforward, yes?

My students and I are currently in a game unit right now, working towards writing a review. Thus, we've enjoyed several rounds of Catch Phrase and Taboo, and on this day, Scattergories.

As we shared our answers for this particular list, students shared the usual. Until we got to the fifth pair of students.

"Street names. Street names?" he yelled out. "Yo, I thought you meant, like, street names. Like, you know, Big Crazy. Like, 'There goes Big Crazy over there!' or 'Hey, Big Crazy! How you doin' today?'"

The rest of the class and I laughed uproariously.

"Okay, I guess I can see how you got that answer..." I spit out between laughs.

"No way!" my other students cried. "That just ain't right!"

He didn't get the point, though he certainly provided us with one of the most memorable moments of the year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Elizabeth,

I read your blog about "Scattergories" and it's interesting, because first of all, I remember playing the game of "Scattergories" with you a few years ago. Second of all, the clue name/idea is "Street Names"--same thing within my neck of the woods... we've all lived here for about twenty (20) years and about to move to a new home not far from home from here, but anyway, the street names around here are flowers, pines, etc. and the new neighborhood that we're moving to has street names that are/of golf/golf courses, etc.

I still know who you are, but I still do not want to release any information about who I am yet... sorry... I do miss you though... Hope to reconnect with you someday :).