Tuesday, July 18, 2006

New Orleans

I'm headed to New Orleans in four days with the youth group from church. I'm dubbed a leader, whatever that is supposed to mean...I'm secretly hoping that no situations arise that would demand a test of said leader. After all, I could do without any premature gray hairs (I think teaching will help me enough in that department).

Really, we have a good group of students going. We're a relatively small group (nine, including leaders), but the youth are awesome. I think they'll work really well together. The plan is to help clean up (we're not sure of the details on that, but I think basic tearing down and/or rebuilding), encourage the people we meet, and share the gospel with them (I love that quote by St. Francis of Assisi: "Preach the gospel at all times--if necessary, use words."). We'll be driving down in a fifteen-passenger van which I get to help drive. Watch out, fellow travelers!

We would appreciate your prayers (and not just for the driving!)~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a great time!

Mica

Anonymous said...

The week is almost over - can't wait to hear the stories! (I could have skipped the part about the rats.)