Friday, June 30, 2006

Sunrise

Well, it's 7:30 a.m. and I'm just about finished printing off my grad school assignments. I pretty much pulled an all-nighter; I didn't necessarily intend to, but the idea's still enchanting: all of this faux pressure that I have to finish these life-changing assignments and have them as close to perfection as possible, these extremely important places I have to be today, and my, how I will be so tired or so highly caffeinated...

I had a midnight visitor last night to keep me company. The crying was annoying, and finally I took pity on this poor creature and checked to see if it was dying. Well, it wasn't. It's not. If it keeps meowing and climbing across all of the papers on my desk and knocking things over, it might be seeing that stage of it's life very soon. At least this kitty doesn't bite me when I pet her, though (cruel Alice!). She's got a number on her tag, but is it a good or bad sign when the number is traced to a business rather than a home?


2 comments:

15 Minuets said...

In case you were concerned, the kitty lives. Turns out the number was real and she belonged to a guy who owns a Taekwondo place. He's out of town, so who know how she got loose. But, she's in the good hands of his employees now.

Anonymous said...

Hurray, the kitty is returned. Now we can visit with little or no sneezing due to allergies. Thank you Taekwondo employees.
All nighters - ooo... not good. Common they're grad classes. :-)